How To Join
Please read the general and tournament rules and guidelines below and then print off the registration form and mail back to:
Tim Yates, 64 Bonifield Lane, Metropolis, IL
CAST – Paducah Chapter
Tournament Rules and
General Membership Guidelines
1. Participants of the tournaments must be 18 years of age or fishing with an adult or guardian. All participants under 18 years of age must have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to fish in the tournament.
2. One participant from each boat must be a member of CAST Ministries.
3. Only two persons allowed in each boat during tournament hours, no exceptions.
4. Safe boating and conduct must be observed at all times by all participants. Life jackets must be worn and secured and an approved kill switch must be attached to the driver’s body when the gas motor is running.
5. All boats must meet all laws and regulations of the State in which they are fishing, KY or TN.
6. Sportsmanship, safety, and courtesy and conservation are expected from all participants. Any infraction of these may be cause for disqualification.
7. No alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs will be allowed. No foul language will be allowed.
8. Only artificial lures may be used. No live bait or prepared bait will be permitted with the exception of pork-type strips.
9. Only casting, spinning or spin cast reels and rods may be used. Only one rod may be used at any given time.
10. Fishing is permitted from the competitors boat only.
11. Contestants may not fish within 50 yards of another contestant who is already anchored with the trolling motor down.
12. Participants are restricted to the waters of Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley only when it is a lake tournament. During a river tournament must stay on the main river system. Locking through is not permitted in either situation.
13. There is a limit of 5 fish per boat. There will not be any more than 5 bass in the live well system of the boat at any time. If there are more than five, the penalty will be the loss of the biggest two fish.
14. Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass must measure a minimum of 15 inches in length. Each angler must adhere to the state guidelines for which he is fishing.
15. Fish will be measured using a Golden Rule bump board. Any short fish will be released and not counted during the weigh-in and the team penalized .5 pounds (8 ounces). A courtesy board will be provided for you to check your fish before you present them for weigh-in.
16. There will be a penalty of .25 pounds (4 ounces) per fish for dead fish. Dead fish will not be weighed for big bass pot.
17. In the event of a tie, the next two places will be dived amongst the two anglers.
18. If there is more than 15 boats, order of take off will determined by order of registration, with the last boat who registered directing the sequence of take off.
19. Check-in procedure is as follows: All boats will be given a paint stick with a # representing their boat. This stick must be given to the board member who is assigned to monitor the check-in for that day. This stick must be turned in no later than the assigned check-in time.
20. The launch time and check in time will be determined by the tournament director. Any one checking in late will forfeit their entire catch for the day.
21. Every boat is required to have a functioning aerated live well.
22. Culling of dead fish is prohibited.
23. Anyone caught intentionally snagging or snatching visible fish will be disqualified.
24. Tournament director reserves the right to inspect each live well before take-off.
25. All competitors are required to check in with the tournament director at the end of tournament or if leaving early.
26. In case of an emergency, call 911 first; then notify tournament director.
27. CAST Ministries is not responsible or liable for any accidents or injuries incurred while participating in tournaments.
28. CAST Ministries’ board of directors reserves the right to review all applicants and deny or revoke membership due to behavior unbecoming as related to our statement of faith.
29. Tournament director decisions are final.
30. These rules and guidelines cannot be changed or amended without approval from the board of directors.